Access to Premises
Code of Practice for Access to the Premises of Half-Hourly and Non Half-Hourly Metered Customers
This Code of Practice describes how Haven Power meets its obligations under Electricity Supply Licence; Standard Condition 13
Haven Power will only use fully accredited organisations for the provision of Meter Operation services and Data Collection services
Haven Power will ensure that each organisation, with which it deals for these services, has a properly agreed Code of Practice for entry to Customer's Premises
Haven Power will monitor any complaints made by customers regarding the conduct of the organisations it uses to provide these services. Where Haven Power receives such complaints, it will investigate the complaint with the organisation and respond to the customer. It will ensure any compensation agreed by the organisation for the Customer is passed on via their bill.
This Code of Practice covers;
- Why we may need to visit you
- Our Policy and Procedure for visits
- Selection and training of our representatives
- Identification of our representatives
- Independent Advice
We will be represented by either; the local Electricity Distribution Company, a Meter Operator, a Credit Management Company, a Meter Reading Agency or our own Company Representative, who will carry out all the necessary works at your property. When entering your property our representatives will act in accordance with the terms of the Rights of Entry (Gas and Electricity Boards) Act 1954.
1. Why we may need to visit you
We may need to visit you to:
- maintain, check or read your meter
- install a different type of meter
- check your supply after a supply interruption
- as a last resort to cut off your electricity supply, in the event that you have not been responding to our attempts to recover overdue payments.
If we need to visit for any purpose, we will inform you in advance by letter or by telephone, of the purpose of the proposed visit.
2. Our policy and procedures for visits
We will try to visit you at a convenient time. We can arrange an appointment with you either on a morning or afternoon basis.
If the visit is for the purpose of recovering unpaid bills, we will always give you at least 5 working days notice of the date we will visit.
Whatever the reason the for call our, representative will immediately present an identity card and tell you the reason for their visit.
For further information you can contact us on the number toward the end of this code, when we will be happy to provide you with any information.
3. Selection and training of our representatives
All our representatives are thoroughly vetted by the companies who employ them and have to pass stringent criteria before being allowed to visit your premises.
In additions to being properly qualified and trained, staff will be:
- polite, courteous and calm
- understanding of your circumstances
- fit and proper persons for the job they will carry out
- aware of your need for confidentiality
- able to provide you with a clear explanation of the purpose of their visit
- aware of safety and know who to contact for assistance if they encounter a problem with your electricity supply
- respectful towards your property
- professional, in that they will not show undue familiarity
- sensitive in their use of language.
4. Identification of our representatives
All of our representatives who may visit you will carry an identity card showing:
- their name, employee identification number and signature
- a phone number for you to ring if you want to confirm their identity
- the expiry date of their ID card, expired cards are returned
- the name of the company they represent.
Where you have previously requested, and agreed, a password our representative will be aware of this password at the time of the visit. The issue, use and return of all identity cards is strictly controlled by the representative's employer. Any representatives that don't wear a uniform will show you their identity card as soon as they arrive at the door.
If you think, a caller is not genuine, don't let them in and either call the number on the card, phone Haven Power (01473 725943), or contact the police immediately.
If you wish to make a complaint about a visit that was made to your property, or any other aspect of our service please contact your Customer Advisor, whose name, direct dial phone number and email can be found in your welcome letter or on your bill.
If you do not have this to hand please contact us:
Telephone: 01473 725943
Haven Power Limited
Any complaint you make will be fully investigated and you will receive a response within 2 working days.
6. Monitoring our performance
We will consult regularly with the Citizen's Advice Bureau on the type of information that they want us to report.
7. Guaranteed Standards of Performance
We are committed to providing the highest standards of customer service. When we organise an appointment with you in relation to your electricity supply, we will try our best to arrange it at a time that suits you. With reasonable notice, we will aim to offer you an appointment within a 4 hour time slot between Monday and Friday. If we are unable keep the appointment and fail to notify you in advance, we will pay you £30*
*Exemptions and limitations apply. Please contact us for full details of our guaranteed standards of performance
8. Where you can get independent advice
You should always contact us first, if you have a problem and we will try to help.
If you remain unsatisfied with our response or your complaint is now unresolved after 8 weeks from initial notification to us you can contact the Energy Ombudsman, an independent body, who may be able to assist.
The Havens, Ransomes Europark, Ipswich, Suffolk IP3 9SJ
Tel: 01473 725 943
Fax: 01473 726 788
If you would like to download a copy of this information, or print it off then we have prepared this PDF for you.
Call us on:
Get a Quick Quote