5 ways to save your business energy
As it's Big Energy Saving Week, this is a great time to consider how your business can save energy and money. Here are 5 things to try:
1. Involve your staff
This idea proved a success at Haven Power. We launched a monthly competition to encourage staff to submit energy conservation and cost-saving ideas. The result? 100 tonnes of carbon saved – enough to fill 21 Olympic swimming pools.
2. Understand what you’re paying for
Once you’re aware of your usage, you can identify what you need to do to reduce it. For example, if you notice that your consumption increases over the winter months, look at options such as more efficient heating system or better insulation.
3. Start small
Energy saving in your office doesn’t have to involve anything dramatic (or overly expensive). Here are 5 simple ways you could save thousands each year.
4. Take your energy saving up a notch with an audit
Want to cut energy costs even further? An energy audit - from a desktop analysis you complete yourself to a full review with recommendations by an engineer or other third party - could be the answer.
5. Consider what energy solutions suit your business
We provide a number of energy solutions, all designed to help you reduce your consumption and the associated costs. For example, Energy Storage could protect you from grid disruption and help you generate revenue. Demand Side Response can reduce the power you use when market demand is high (saving you money), as well as generate revenue at the same time.
So, there are 5 things you can do to save energyincluding one that we’ve successfully implemented. Here are some of the other changes we’ve been making, plus some to come:
- We installed new LEDs; each consumes 20W less electricity than our old fluorescent lights.
- Our new Electric Vehicle (EV) will reduce the amount of carbon we produce when making business trips. That’s in line with our sustainability targets, and better for the planet.
- We’re installing our own solar panels on the roof, so we can use our own generated energy, reduce our costs as well as our reliance on the grid.
- Later in 2019, we’ll be installing our own energy storage unit; this will help us power our offices and EV charging points.
For more information on how Haven Power can help you save energy, get in touch.Contact us